About Me

My photo
I'll be 55 this August... I've had bronchiectasis for ten years plus this year... End stage lung disease for the past year...been on oxygen for three years... and have I got used to it yet?... nah! I am now waiting for the biggie; a double lung and maybe a heart transplant. I love my life weirdly enough, because I have some wonderful family and friends who are with me every step of the way on my adventures, even though I embarrass them on a daily basis with my unorthodox way of looking at life. Not for the faint hearted!

Thursday 8 December 2011

ElvisDebbie has left the building

Hoorah the Thursday curse has left the building, so much so that I actually didn't know what day of the week it was!
Hoorah, happy days are here again. I really didn't enjoy having a downer on Thursdays, but that was how everything had got to me. I didn't realise how grumpy I had become.
I guess I've settled down into this new phase in my life and life is slowly returning back to normal or normal for me at least. Which of course to most people after my various ranting, would have them thinking that I should be locked up in an attic where I could be seen and not heard!
As I'm no longer waiting to go 'active' as I now on the 'active' list, I can relax a bit and I am now sleeping better as I'm no longer laying awake half the night waiting for this call and a night's sleep is a wonderful thing, believe you me.
I've now settled down into realising that the call will come as and when, with me crossing that particular worry bridge when I get the call and not before.
No doubt when the call does come, I'll be throwing up with fear and probably lose all control of my bowel and bladder simultaneously...yeah a regular Friday night ahead then!

I had a really good day today, as two of my old friends came down from London to see me again and to treat me to lunch out...bonus.
Had a very lively catch up over a very scrummy meal with lots of laughter and reminiscing again over old and new stories. It is lovely to be able to fall in with old friends and chat like neither of you have ever been away from each other. We lost contact with each other for over twenty years, but she tracked me down via a newspaper earlier this year and now we try and see each other once a month.
We did have to miss November as I was bouncing a bit off the wall that month... on the Richter scale of being highly strung, I was off the chart!
So now things are getting back on an even keel thankfully.
Yay...the moanie Debbie has left the building...or has she???????

Lots of love Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment