About Me

My photo
I'll be 55 this August... I've had bronchiectasis for ten years plus this year... End stage lung disease for the past year...been on oxygen for three years... and have I got used to it yet?... nah! I am now waiting for the biggie; a double lung and maybe a heart transplant. I love my life weirdly enough, because I have some wonderful family and friends who are with me every step of the way on my adventures, even though I embarrass them on a daily basis with my unorthodox way of looking at life. Not for the faint hearted!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Henchman in yellow pages??

Wanted...One medieval rack and henchman if possible. Will accept second hand, but must have instructions if it doesn't include a henchman.
This is what I feel I need at the moment, a damn good stretching, as my neck and the base of my back are giving me a bit of gyp this last week. I think it's down again to carrying my oxygen unit on my back day in day out for what seems like the last hundred years or more.
I had to have a lot of quite painful physio on my arm and shoulder a couple of years back from where I used to sling the unit over on one shoulder to carry it and ended up with an impinged shoulder cuff or something equally weird.
But once I got that arm back to normal, I always made sure that I carried the weight equally across my back, because as I said the treatment hurt as much as the impingement and I was not going through that again in a hurry. It was only the fact that the physio was rather gorgeous and I didn't want to make myself look a wimp that I didn't howl my eyes out. I waited till I got to the privacy of my car to do that!
Actually this time two years ago, my leg was giving me gyp too thanks to the spine being thrown out from carrying the oxygen unit. Maybe it should come with a government health warning!? 'Warning...It stops you from dying from lack of oxygen, but you will look like Quasimodo after prolonged use!'
Whatever it is, it hurts and gives me quite a nauseous headache.
Perhaps I should fish out my yoga and Pilate's DVDs out of retirement for a good stretching session and learn how to use the DVD function on this TV, after all I've had this new TV long enough.

It really is icy out there today and when driving along to hospital this afternoon, I noticed that there was still frost on the grass where the sunshine hadn't reached it.
I've taken to wearing a thin jumper and a cardigan around the bungalow as I'm terrified of having huge bills to pay this year.
Every time you put the news on, there is doom and gloom on the TV, the cost of this rising or that rising and jobs or benefits cut. I know I am very lucky as I have my lovely little bungalow, nice clothes and good food on the table, even when I'm on a baked beans on toast saving money drive, it's still hot food. So I don't think of myself as hard done by, but watching TV, you realise that the divide between the rich and poor is getting wider all the time.
It was something that we were talking about over coffee at the Christmas craft fair on Sunday, that some of the prices of things on sale were so exorbitant and people were still buying them. There was a lovely fur hat that I thought Ann could have, until I realised that it wasn't a typing error and really was £140 not £14.
Even if I was suddenly wealthy, I don't think I could ever pay the prices for things that you see in the glossy magazines. I just keep thinking how the money would be better spent on worthy causes and the inner glow that you would get giving money towards feeding and clothing a homeless guy or even working out in the soup kitchens yourself, then buying yet another handbag that would get relegated to the back of the wardrobe along with the others within three month or so.
When you read articles in 'Hello' or 'OK' magazine etc and see these clothes horse women standing in front of their wardrobes with racks and racks of shoes in a room just for their shoes, you have to ask yourself how can they think that is acceptable?
Thank goodness for the Duchess of Cambridge, our future queen who is happy to wear dresses from the high street shops to various events. Now that is a role model to be proud of... Well done Kate!
Don't get me wrong, I love pretty clothes as much as the next person, but those days of buying for the sake of it went a long time ago. If I buy a new dress, then I sell an old one or it goes down to the charity shop in the village and I never buy unless in a sale and it has to be a real bargain around the £25 mark. And I think I look presentable.
Lord I am a moanie old git aren't I?!
Sorry.

Lots of love Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment