About Me

My photo
I'll be 55 this August... I've had bronchiectasis for ten years plus this year... End stage lung disease for the past year...been on oxygen for three years... and have I got used to it yet?... nah! I am now waiting for the biggie; a double lung and maybe a heart transplant. I love my life weirdly enough, because I have some wonderful family and friends who are with me every step of the way on my adventures, even though I embarrass them on a daily basis with my unorthodox way of looking at life. Not for the faint hearted!

Saturday 3 December 2011

Santa's little helper

Well nothing has been returned to me in the night...the bosom fairy hasn't been to visit me as my boobs are still pretty deflated.
Though the North wind fairy has visited instead as I have turned into my mother! She has a neat habit of farting when she walking and alas today that was true of me. This is where I wish I had a dog to blame it on.
Not sure what has brought that on, but obviously something that I ate yesterday...my homemade curry maybe or the smoked goose salad for lunch today?

This morning I went to the Cressing Temple Christmas fair with Greta's husband, with the soul aim to help Ken get her a lovely personal Christmas present.
I steered him away from the purple 5" sequined heels and the black stockings with the bows printed on them, as I have a sneaky feeling that if Greta opened them on Christmas morning, she probably wouldn't be speaking to me by Boxing day morning! I just hope he doesn't sneak back tomorrow unsupervised and buys them.
How the hell anyone manages to walk in them is beyond me, as I would need trainer wheels attached.
When we sat chatting about them over a cup of coffee in their tea room, he explained how high heels give women's legs a definite shape...I explained if I wore them then my leg shape would be that of a wish bone, as I would be a bandy as hell balancing on those bad boys. In fact, I would need a pencil skirt on to keep my legs together!
Ladylike I am not.
He went home empty handed and a glint in his eye. So Greta if they turn up under your tree, I am innocent.

The rest of the day really dragged. I did various jobs around the bungalow, played scrabble with mother and it was still only 5pm.
So I went home and had a nap, a bite to eat and then off to the cinema.
I still find a visit to the cinema far from relaxing at the moment, but I was able to sit nearer the exit this time and after I texted the boys to tell them where I was if I missed the call, I found a great use for my now empty bra cups...a mobile phone cradle!
As I have said many times before, I like and very much need a structured plan as I can't just wing things now and a visit to the cinema needs just the same planning. I need to know that I can get to the phone, check who it is and answer it before it rings off.
No doubt the first time it rings in the cinema, it will be someone trying to sell me an upgrade...heavens help that person.
If I hear anyone say 'Just relax' or 'you have to get on with your life as normal' once more...trust me... I'll probably spit in their eye!
Still I'm sleeping better, so baby steps hey.

Lots of love Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment