About Me

My photo
I'll be 55 this August... I've had bronchiectasis for ten years plus this year... End stage lung disease for the past year...been on oxygen for three years... and have I got used to it yet?... nah! I am now waiting for the biggie; a double lung and maybe a heart transplant. I love my life weirdly enough, because I have some wonderful family and friends who are with me every step of the way on my adventures, even though I embarrass them on a daily basis with my unorthodox way of looking at life. Not for the faint hearted!

Tuesday 6 December 2011

I'm Santa's best friend...twice

Up and dressed early today, as day two dawns of waiting for the heating engineer.
I may have got dressed early, but no way was I leaving my bed premature, as I laid on top of it fully dressed and had another 40 winks or more!
It's freezing out there, so why would I want to be parted from my best friend the bed I ask you? As I laid there, the heating was making the loud groaning noises again which is why I called them yesterday. The groans are a mixture between Marley's ghost and a cow in labour. I knew when I rang to make an appointment, that the receptionist thought it was just my radiators that needed bleeding, although I knew it wasn't the case, I did know that no way would anyone come out yesterday,so I was wasting my time staying in all day.
I so hate being right all the time.
I was right on both accounts, no engineer yesterday and no, it wasn't the radiators. It was however the same pipe that the spider had nested in and that the engineer had covered up a hole in the pipe with tape and this was making the fan work overtime.
With cows and spiders, my bungalow is a regular animal farm!
I do wonder, whether all these discoveries will make my bills lower? It is warmer in here...just, but every bit of savings counts. I do have a draught coming from somewhere, but I can't find where from yet.

It is really cold out there today.
Still this time last year it was snowing really badly, so I'm thankful for small mercy's. It is easier to swap coats and wear thick boots, then to balance on the ice and snow with my rocket pack come oxygen unit strapped to my back like last year. If walking and balancing isn't nerve racking enough, then driving in the snow absolutely terrifies me!
I had a good day though doing little bits here and there.
After the engineer left, I visited my eldest son with soft food as he had broken a tooth and had some treatment done on it.
Came home and made a rather nice winter warmer stew for myself for lunch before visiting my friends, who are going off to France soon to spend Christmas with their family.
My friend was getting ready to go out with one of the town's major charities on 'Santa Patrol', he was going to be Santa!
Strangely enough my friend Derek is going to be Santa for our village 'Santa Patrol' too. Blimey, did I ever dream when growing up that I would be best friends with not one but two Santa's? How cool is that!
Driving home from their house, I noticed just how many Christmas trees were going up in people's windows and just how many people now decorate the outside of their houses too. Although alas some aren't as tasteful as how my neighbours decorated our hedges with the lovely plain blue sparkly lights, but some are like Mississippi show boats in full sail or even a fair ground attraction in their front gardens.
As Julie would say 'You are a snob!'
Still, they are pretty and they make you smile and that is good enough for me!
Ho ho ho!

Lots of love Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment